Recipe: Jamie's Farfalle with Carbonara and Spring Peas
This recipe is from Jamie's Dinners and one of my all-time favourites. With fried bacon, cream, cheese and pasta it's rich and indulgent but as a treat every now and then you can't beat it! Really simple, done in 20 minutes, and absolutely delicious.
12-15 Streaky Rashers, Pancetta or Bacon (the dish really benefits from plenty of bacon, as it shrinks to nothing when you fry it)
1 lb Farfalle pasta
7 tablespoons or 1 large container of Cream
Half a bag of Frozen Peas
Half a block of grated Parmersan Cheese
Handful of Mint
1. Chop your onion in very small pieces.
2. Using a scissors, cut up the bacon into pieces and fry until crispy. Add your chopped onion.
3. In a bowl, beat the 2 eggs, and stir in the cream.
4. Like this.
5. In a large saucepan, cook your farfalle pasta for about 10 mins after it comes to the boil. Throw in the peas in the last 5 minutes.
6. As soon as your pasta and peas are cooked, drain off the water. Immediately stir in your cream and egg mixture. The heat of the pasta will cook the eggs. Then stir in your bacon and parmesan.
7. Serve with some more grated cheese on top, and a few mint leaves too, great flavour.
If you have any leftovers, put in in the fridge for a good pasta salad the next day.