Recipe: Mini Potato, Courgette and Mozzarella Fritters
Another recipe from Bill Granger's Easy. It is a simple dish, although grating the courgettes and potatoes takes a little time. Could be served as a side with a meat dish, or with eggs or bacon as a hot breakfast option.
300g potatoes, coarsely grated
300g courgettes, coarsely grated
4 spring onions, chopped
125g mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp roughly chopped flat parsley
2 eggs, beaten
3 tbsp plain flour
4 tbsp oil
Greek yoghurt sprinkled with paprika
1. Squeeze the grated potato and courgette to remove excess moisture.
2. Mix in a bowl with the spring onion, mozzarella, parsley and egg and mix.
3. Stir in flour and season with sea salt and black pepper.
4. Heat oil in a frying pan on medium to high heat. Drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil, flatten gently with the back of a spoon.
5. Cook for 2 mins on each side, or until golden brown.
6. Drain on kitchen paper, and serve with Greek natural yoghurt with some paprika, and lemon wedges.